Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ruby's Baby Shower

Today, my aunt and sister-in-law threw the perfect little shower for Ruby and I. We were met with festive Fall decor, yummy smells, and fun pink "It's a Girl!" banners. There were beautiful little pastries filled with cream and fruit, mimosas (for those drinking), quiche, fruit, and other delicious treats. We started by eating these tasty morsels-- thank goodness, because I was starving (weird, I know!)-- before we started in on the games.


The games were unique and fun. First of all, we were told to guess how many diapers made up the enormous diaper cake (see photo below.) We were then given a sheet of paper with a list of celebrities and a list of names of their little girls. We were supposed to match the celebrity with the name. Seeing as I am an avid reader of Star, People, and National Inquirer, I had no problems and guessed the most correct. For some reason, I was the only one who spends to much time paying attention to trashy gossip rags, because everyone else struggled. (Hey, in my defense-- if you named your kid Rocco, you might pay attention to odd-ball celebrity baby names, too!) We then had another game in which we wrote down the names of various animal babies-- such as seal: pup, goat: kid, etc. The last activity was a fill-in-the-blank where everyone shared their wishes for Ruby. These wishes will be included in Ruby's scrap book.

(P.S. there are 147 diapers in that massive diaper cake!)

(Mama Kim, Sydney, and Rose)

(Ruby's future Mother-in-Law, Shannon, and husband, Remington)

After games, I opened many adorable gifts for Ruby. She is going to be one stylish chick! Her closet will be stocked with the cutest clothes, shoes, and accessories. In addition to lots of clothes, Ruby received books, handmade items (blankets, beanies, sweaters, hoodie towels, car seat cover, etc.), toys, bedding, bottles and nipples, and lots more. She is one loved little girl!

(Stephanie, Grandma Mary, Linda, Shannon, and Remington)

(Pat, Megan, and Stephanie)

(Stephanie, Me, Jennifer)

I am so grateful to share the day with such wonderful family and friends! And Ruby is lucky to be such a loved little girl. Thanks to everyone who came today, sent their well-wishes, and spoiled us. An even bigger thanks for Lora and Aunty Ann for hosting the shower.


1 comment:

  1. OMG, Ruby's Baby Shower is looking stunning. Thanks dear for all of these wonderful details. I am also excited for the holiday themed baby shower that is going to be hosted by my mom. She has booked one of the prettiest Los Angeles event venues for my party. It will just be perfect as per my liking.

    ReplyDelete