Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crazy Pregnancy Dreams

I realize that you are probably sick of hearing about this pregnancy. But, I don't have a lot of outlets and I have an over-abundance of time on my hands, so bear with me. Writing is a healthy outlet for me and consumes some time out of my day-- what's the harm in that? Plus, this is an entertaining post and not a medically-charged baby update post.

I had a dream last night that I had Ruby. Let me try to detail this dream to you as much as possible, because it's just that weird. I woke up, took off the sheets, and found that Ruby had grown to the size of a 6 or 8 month old baby still in my womb. She was sideways, so I gently (and easily) turned her so she was head down. She then slid out-- no pain, no gory stuff, no pushing, no nothing-- and I lifted her up. Staring back at me was a bald, blue-eyed, smiling Cabbage Patch Doll. I was a little surprised, but said, "Hi Ruby!" and she laughed at me. I then got up, packed her on my hip, and went about my business. No umbilical cord to be cut, no placenta to be delivered, no blood, nothing. Just a giant newborn Cabbage Patch Doll baby. I then went to my doctor appointment this morning-- as I waited in the lounge area, I flipped open a magazine. A few pages in, staring back at me AGAIN was a bunch of Cabbage Patch Dolls in an advertisement! I don't know what all of this means-- if it means anything at all-- but I woke up from the dream with all good thoughts, so I guess that's good.



I had lots of crazy dreams with Rocco. The one that sticks out in my mind was closer to his birth day-- I was in the bathtub taking a bath when, all of a sudden, a baby magically appeared between my legs. A girl baby. I knew at that point I was for sure having a boy, so that was weird already. Then, the more water I sprinkled on the baby, the more it grew. By the end of the dream-- it seemed like only minutes that it lasted-- the baby had gone from infant to about 5 years old. I did not wake up feeling good thoughts after that dream-- I woke up incredibly confused! But laughing at the same time.

My mom struggled to conceive me. So when she was finally pregnant, she was elated... and also worried, for good reason. More than anything, she just wanted a healthy baby. That's really the only thing good mamas want. She has often told me about the dream she had about two weeks before giving birth to me. It goes something like this: After going through labor and pushing, the doctor pulled out a chimpanzee baby covered in dark hair. "It's a... monkey," the doctor said to my mom. "Well, is a healthy monkey?" my mom replied. The doctor and nurses all confirmed that although hairy, it was a perfect healthy baby monkey. They then wrapped the baby in blue (my parents didn't know what they were having) and put the monkey in my mom's arms. Mom said she was instantly in love with this baby staring back at her. She said, "So, it's a boy?" The nurses then told her that, no, it was a girl, but they ran out of pink blankets and caps. It didn't matter. Mom said that when she woke up from that dream, she had a feeling deep down after that knowing that I would be fine and perfect and loved just the way I was-- even if I did come out as a chimp baby girl wrapped in blue. She didn't worry as much after that dream and felt more reassured.



SO... what do you think it all means? Any dream interpreters out there who can shine some light on my Cabbage Patch Doll dream? Or any mothers out there who want to share their craziest pregnancy dream with me? I'd love to hear your funny dreams! And I need a good laugh!

2 comments:

  1. Funny! Maybe Ruby needs a cabbage patch doll welcoming gift?! :) Also, one of the boys was in my lap while reading this. He saw that picture of the monkey.and couldn't stop laughing. (He is 18 months old.) He kept pointing to it and cracking up. I take it all as a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She might! It was funny, because the doll was completely bald in my dream-- just these big blue eyes staring back at me. I was bald when I was born...sort of the opposite of a baby chimp-- so I have been wondering if Ruby will also be bald. It was sort of a relief to see all of her hair later that day on the ultrasound! I personally think babies with hair are cuter :)

      Glad I made another little one laugh today. That makes me happy-- and, yes, I think it's all a good sign, too!

      Delete